Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Hold-open” device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Hold-open” device

I was planing to use an “over-center” hold-open device for the front cargo door, but change my mind. The over-center device is great to hold the door open, but it’s in the way when passenger try to get onboard.
    I came out with this idea.
    A simple aluminum strap (0.025”) bent at the top and riveted to the door frame. It hook to a hat shape strap riveted on the trailing edge of the wing. Simple and light.
    Mike
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Great idea, Mike, i just might steal that :-)

Are you getting close to first flight? Sorry i haven't been over in the Maule to check out your Bearhawk. Weather and work has conspired against a lot of flying this summer :-(
    -------------------
    Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    Bearhawk 4A #1078 (Scratch building - C-GPFG reserved)
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

• Aero_tango
      Aero_tango commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mark, the final inspection is scheduled for September 20th...it was supposed to be earlier this month, but my MDRA guy wasn’t available.
      I went for a TW refresher training today in Lachute, on c-150 TW. Went pretty well. Going back next week with the hope of getting exposed to some x-wind condition. I’m also planning to visit Jared for the formal transition training, but scheduling on short notice with my work might be a problem, we’ll see how it goes.

Excellent! Let me know if you need any help or anything as you get closer to first flight. I'm happy to help out in any way I can, maybe even fly chase for you in the Maule if you like.
    -------------------
    Mark

Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    Bearhawk 4A #1078 (Scratch building - C-GPFG reserved)
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)

Comment

• Aero_tango
      Aero_tango commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the offer Mark!!!
      I'll let you know how things go. Just hope it won't take to much time AFTER the final inspection to get the initial Airworthiness Certificate.
Working...
X