Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to build tight fitting cowl doors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of like the idea of being able to adjust the tension of the latches over time. When I first looked into the Piper latches the first ones I saw were 180 dollars, each. Since then I have found them as low as $35.

Comment

• svyolo
      svyolo commented
      Editing a comment
      same here. I looked there first.

• stinger
      stinger commented
      Editing a comment
      Different strokes, ok this is a tuff one The latches are listed under ( cowl latches ) p/n 05-01187 and 05-01188 or 05-01189 for lower part. I like these because one can suck the cowl down tight and you will not believe the price. I will try to post more pictures. Stinger

• svyolo
      svyolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stinger.

I have been following this thread trying to remember why this was never an issue for me. I guess it is because I put in two dzus fasteners to hold the cowl door down. Mark 20190628_134927.jpg

Comment

Posting some more pics for stinger of his LSA cowl

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Goldberg View Post
        I have been following this thread trying to remember why this was never an issue for me. I guess it is because I put in two dzus fasteners to hold the cowl door down. Mark 20190628_134927.jpg
        I want to echo what Mark said. I have Photos that I took at OSH that show similar Dzus fasteners installations. Phil Johnson's four place uses one Dzus fasten on each for and aft edge, John Middletons LSA has two on each, and Bob Barrows Patrol has two on each. I would slightly less than 50% of the photos I could see had them.
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• stinger
          stinger commented
          Editing a comment
          Brooks, as I previously stated, ( different strokes... ) this is what is great about experimental. I could care less how any one else does it. You ask me how I did it. so there you go! Stinger
      Working...
      X