Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whee out Bearhawk’in around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I haven't seen an airplane motate like that on takeoff since the Super Decathlon 180/CS prop I flew for a while out of Palo Alto. And it was a "pogo stick" with about a 400lb useful load.

Comment

Originally posted by JJohnston View Post
      Wow. I haven't seen an airplane motate like that on takeoff since the Super Decathlon 180/CS prop I flew for a while out of Palo Alto. And it was a "pogo stick" with about a 400lb useful load.
      I wish it rotated so "pogo stick" like in real life. Some of the clips are speed up, the takeoff is one of them.
      Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88” C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Well, I actually did mean to say "motate" (as in, "motivate", "motor", "motion"), not "rotate". Just a little colorful language. Anyway, I did notice the engine seemed to sound more "Rotaxy" than it should, but I've been out of the cockpit a long time.

Comment

That is one close up shot of the Grand! Looks like a bit more more room then the Luscombe.

Comment

Great video. That's some nice pow up there on those peaks!
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

• whee
              whee commented
              Editing a comment
              There was some awesome looking snow. I found myself frequently wishing I was on the ground shredding some pow. There was even some lines that appeared to have room for a skiplane to land at the top and bottom.

Nice pictures & video!

I would suggest trying takeoffs and speed-runs at 2600 (.89M) & 2700 (.92M) RPMs. See how performance compares, as tip speeds of .88-.92 are the recommended most efficient.
            You are turning a lot of horsepower into just noise at 2800 (.96M).

Comment

Working...
            X