Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oshkosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh

It looks like I can go to OSH this year. It has been about 15 years since the last trip. Have the prices gone up that much or am I just getting old? Any suggestions on doing things on the cheap will be welcome since it will be coming directly out of my building fund. Probably going to drive over from Michigan on Saturday before the opening and stay until the cookout on Tuesday night. I'm going to drive the family minivan over and sleep in it in Camp Scholler. It looks like I have to renew my EAA membership in order to stay there.

Is there going to be a Bearhawk Forum or just the gathering for the cookout? I guess pulling up a lawn chair next to Bob always turns in to a forum though!

As an update, I recently decided to push my Buttercup project aside and get serious about the Bearhawk LSA. I figure Oshkosh will be my jumping in point to get things rolling.

Forrest Ferdon
    Bearhawk LSA #003
    Battle Creek, MI

Mark,

The Bearhawk Picnic is Tuesday Night at the EAA Campground. Food will be ready at 6pm. They will pass the hat to cover the cost. In the past over 100 people have attended. They are counting on RSVP to have a accurate food count. I hate to give out a phone number or e-mail address without someones permission. Maybe others will chime in.

Brooks Cone.
    Patrol Scratch Build
    Chelsea, MI
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Feel free to PM jaredyates with a head count for those in your party attending. No problems there.

My crew and I will be hosting the BH BBQ again this year, and we're setting up camp Saturday morning. Hoping for the usual location, but you never really know what's available until you get there. I'll post with updated location information on Saturday afternoon, most likely. Keep your ear to the ground!

~Chris
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
        I hate to give out a phone number or e-mail address without someones permission.
        That's very nice of you Brooks, but in my case feel free to share. I tend to spread my contact info all over the place. Please RSVP by PM here, by call/text to 828-308-1543, or by email to web@bearhawkstore.com. As a last resort, we'll try and have a signup sheet in Mark's booth on Monday. Chris In Milwaukee is the gracious provider of the venue, and I'll be handling the food logistics. Feel free to direct questions to either of us! Also, be sure to bring a chair, I can't remember if I wrote about that in the earlier posts.

Comment

Working...
        X