Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA in Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA in Alabama

In the mid 1960's I bought a 1946 J-3 Cub with a C85 Continental and metal prop to learn to fly. I paid $1,600 for it and that may have been too much. I loved that plane and I flew it about 500 hours. Now, after a lifetime of flying, I'm going back to my aviation roots. I had more fun in that Cub than any of the planes I have owned since. I actually wanted to just buy a new LSA, but I could not find one with the combination of flying characteristics and looks of the Bearhawk LSA. Building is not my favorite thing, but, with help, I'll do it to get what I want. Bob (bway in Northport, AL on the forum)

Bob, congratulations on your BH LSA choice! After a year and a half of research I decided it was the best fit for me and just recently recieved my QB kit from Mark. I'm wanting to someday replace my 1941 Interstate with the LSA. Good Luck with your project!

Al

Comment

I will receive my quick build kit in August as I wanted to make a couple of minor changes. At age 71, I'm not as agile as I used to be, so I'm having thicker tubing put in the front seat back so that I can put weight on it when entering the cockpit. Also, I have had trouble in the past working with .016 aluminum, so I substituted .020 for it. The problem is me, not the aluminum; I'm just not skilled enough or patient enough to work with .016 confidently. Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, My name is David Swann and I live in McCalla Alabama and I am about to begin the LSA build too. I have my fuse kits ordered from Mark hope to get it in the next week or 2. Im scratch building so I'll have a longer row to hoe than you will with the quick build kit. So if you would like to collaborate on these builds please feel free to contact me. My email is swannzman@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X