Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Bearhawk Oldie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bearhawk Oldie

Hello everyone! Brad Wilkinson here, in Atlanta GA; I am owner of serial #1062, and have the Quick-build Bearhawk "Model A" from several years ago. That's why I am saying "New Oldie" - hahaha...

As things go (as they often do), I went like fire with the building right after I got the parts delivery from Mark at Bearhawk Aircraft (AviPro back then); got the fuselage on the gear, the tail-feathers mounted, controls assembled and cables in place, floorboards installed, and started on the boot cowling. Then everything in my life changed...had a divorce, moved to an apartment away from my shop and airplane, worked very long days and nights at my regular job for a couple of years to finish a big project in Savannah GA, moved to Atlanta, put the Bearhawk in storage (where it still sits), went back to Georgia Tech to start my masters in aerospace engineering (my primary interest is plasma rockets), and now have finally started building a new hangar/home at Peach State Airpark south of Atlanta. I'm hoping that within a year I will have re-initiated my builder's log! Unfortunately, with all the changes, I have completely lost touch with the Bearhawk builders, and just found out today that the old yahoo forum was dead - so here I am, a new oldie. I'm hoping to just see how things are going with y'all, meet some new people with like interests (in Bearhawks of course), and get back into thinking about the next steps.

Wish me luck!
    Brad
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Welcome back, Brad! Best of luck with your Masters, new hangar, and new life. Looking forward to seeing you and your BH at OSH soon!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Good to hear from you Brad. Get in touch if I can help with anything. Mark

Comment

Working...
      X