Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get an E-mail for forum posts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get an E-mail for forum posts...

Since there is no Forum Questions group I will ask my question here.

How does one get an E-mail for every post on the forum whether that be in a group or in the "Latest Activity"? I have subscribed to the groups and turned on notifications yet I do not get emails for new posts. It appears emails will only come for replies to my posts, likes of my posts, etc.

I REALLY REALLY like getting emails for all posts. I do not like having to go to a site or run another phone app. Yahoo had this feature. It was sweet! I like the new forum in every other way.

Thoughts?

Mike

I apologize if this topic should be in a separate group.

Trying to figure that out....prefer the email system. New post outlook will create a pop up to inform me. Sometimes I'll post questions to the anything goes group and the yahoo groups via one email...can't do that now. I have tap talk on my iPad. Looks to function well other than pictures not remaining posted. Mark M

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Moyle View Post
      Trying to figure that out....prefer the email system. New post outlook will create a pop up to inform me. Sometimes I'll post questions to the anything goes group and the yahoo groups via one email...can't do that now. I have tap talk on my iPad. Looks to function well other than pictures not remaining posted. Mark M
      Hmmmm.. not possible it appears. Guess we'll have to be proactive if we want to find things out and visit the forum. Lots of other places I do that so I guess it will be OK. I liked the email based list too Mark. Onwards and upwards I guess.

Comment

It's possible to be notified of replies in a given topic, it's called "Subscription." Give the guys a few weeks to tweak and iron out the software with real guinea pigs (us) testing it and complaining. It will take getting used to. I personally like to limit my email inbox to one on one conversations. A pure email exchange for information of this magnitude is terribly inefficient. Tapatalk on my phone and forum in the browser are perfect. If I'm awaiting a reply to a post, an email notification when that happens works great.

Comment

Ok....I'll squeak in a week.

Comment

I called vBulletin. They said that it is not possible to get new forum posts as email for a registered user.

Comment

That's too bad. I was receiving emails from all of the groups, forums and email lists via individual emails to one Gmail account. Gmail would then apply labels I created to each email showing which group they came from. I could hit a label filter and just see posts from the BH Yahoo group or the Matronics Lycoming group or a forum that allows individual emails. I know that some forum software allows this, so maybe vBulletin will add that functionality sometime down the road. Until then, I'm here.

Comment

I doubt that vBulletin will add the feature - but we can hope. vBulletin said the forum owner could modify the PHP source code to support this feature but that they would not support it. In doing a quick Dr. Google search I saw one post that said Moderators can get new posts as emails but registered users can not.

I will REALLY miss the email feature.

If someone finds a solution for this please let us all know.

Comment

Working...
                X