Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillsburg Aero Closing Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillsburg Aero Closing Email

Hi guys,

Last Friday evening I received an email from Susan Lapinski advertising %50 off all in stock steel. There was a price list as well I can attach. I guess they are shutting the doors on Sept 30th. I haven't ordered my steel yet and it's a bit tempting. . . .. Still not sure how I feel about the Chinese steel though.

~Todd
    Attached Files

I had the same concerns about the Chicom steel but did some checking and was told that it should be fine (unofficial Bearhawk list and EAA Tech Counseler). I pulled the trigger last night and put in an order that should come in for $500-600 depending on the final lengths of the full size sticks. That got me probably 2/3 of the tubing for the LSA fuselage, wings, and tail. I did not order the struts and they didn't have the material for the lower longerons. The order also included 200 3/32" clecos. They also have a bunch of rivet sizes available. They didn't have any sheet material that I needed. I am driving down from the Rochester NY area on Friday if anybody in the area wants to ride along or needs something picked up. Lots of room in the pickup.

Dave
    Dave
    Making Airplane Parts
    www.bearhawklsa14.com

Comment

Hey Dave I'm going to send you a PM.

Comment

sorry to ask a stupid question but what does the LESS, 2LN... columns mean? Price per?
        Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Most likely means number of full sticks of tube...ie a full 20-24 foot piece.

Wish I had known about this a week or two ago. I'd have put together a decent order for a couple of my projects that are waiting on the shop.

Comment

I picked up my tubing order today. I am happy with the quality and price. When I asked about the Chinese tubing the woman told me that there were problems when they first started carrying it - 15-20 years ago - but now they had customers that requested the Chinese product. The tubes looked fine to me but I haven't tried welding it yet.

As for the clecos - I ordered 200 and got handed a bag of 42. They are now sold out :-)

Dave
            Dave
            Making Airplane Parts
            www.bearhawklsa14.com

Comment

Dave do you know if they are they going to be open on Monday for orders?
              Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

I didn't ask but the flyer said the closing date was 9/30. It wouldn't hurt to try. They open at 7:00am EDT.
                Dave
                Making Airplane Parts
                www.bearhawklsa14.com

Comment

Working...
                X