Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Harvey

To all you folks in the path, stay safe!! Our prayers are with you!

Yeah, this thing is a real bear! Not a nice Bearhawk..
    I'm not gonna name anyone, but one of our builders ( whom I've grown very fond of) has had 44" of rain, since Friday. He's good. I'm sure there are others affected. Texans are tough!
    Prayers and best wishes couldn't hurt a bit.

Bill

Comment

As wet as it is in Texas it's dry in parts of Oregon. TFR's all over the place with fires burning thousands of acres. The smoke in parts of OR. is terrible. Walked outside yesterday afternoon with the temps in the 90's and all the smoke, it felt like things could spontaneously combust! Sit outside on the patio for long and you'll see fine particles of ash floating down. Flying is out of the question right now with visibility extremely low in places like Cottage Grove. The hills literally disappear in the smoke. Watching what is happening in Texas, I hate to wish for rain, but the thought of a fire anywhere near my home....

I think I know who you are talking about and I hope he and his family are safe. I can't imagine what 5 inches of rain looks like all in a few days let alone 44 in. Not sure where you are located Bill, but I hope you are out of the rain path and no where near a flood plain, if that's possible!!

Comment

Wow. Rain down here and fire up there... Sometimes you just can't win, huh? Stay safe!

Louisiana pretty much has the topography of a billiard table. I'm fortunate to have a place on a ridge, or as much of a ridge as there is around here. We'll be fine. Soggy but fine.

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X