Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angle of incidence change on tail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle of incidence change on tail?

I am installing the aero strips onto my tail feathers and it struck me that I heard somewhere that I should change my angle of incidence. Ive searched it but must not be using the proper wording. Does anyone know the procedure or how many washers to add...lol

Found it! 3/8 inch up in the front leading edge.

Comment

The reply was a little confusing, I believe Bob
      recommends airfoil shaped tail is one degree less down on the leading edge than what is shown on the plans for the slab tail.

Comment

Yeah that's what I understand also. So the front should come up 3/8.

Comment

If I recall, it's one degree less than the plans calls for. So I think 3* incidence instead of 4*. Keep in mind that this might require you to get longer (or lengthen) your h-stab lift struts.

Comment

Originally posted by schu View Post
            If I recall, it's one degree less than the plans calls for. So I think 3* incidence instead of 4*. Keep in mind that this might require you to get longer (or lengthen) your h-stab lift struts.
            Do you still offer the laser cut wooden ribs

Comment

Yea, we build them to order. And because it's laser, we can even engrave which rib is which on the side.... works great. Send email to schu@schu.net if you want a set.

Comment

Working...
              X