Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van's air scoop on a Bearhawk patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van's air scoop on a Bearhawk patrol

I am planning on using Van's FAB on the 0-360 in my Patrol. I also plan on using Van's add-on air scoop attached to the bottom cowl to cover the FAB. Does anyone know which scoop, the one for the RV-4 or the one for the -6 best fits the Patrol cowl?

John Ciolino
    Patrol

Hey John,

I have the same question but for the 4-place BH. I can't help right now but......

I have a RV-4 scoop on hand. I have ordered a RV-6 scoop and should be arriving next few days I hope. My thinking was that the RV-6 is a side by side like the 4-place and may fit the wider 4-place lower cowl better.

Since this has been an ongoing and unanswered question I could take a few pictures of them side by side for comparison. If you have time and that will help?
    Thanks too much,
    John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
    BH Plans #1117
    Avipro wings/Scratch
    http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

Comment

Interesting. I have been thinking about a LoPresti cowl/nose bowl like the one on the Piper Saratoga or Lancair when I build a four-place, but will probably just go with the standard Pitts/Bearhawk nose bowl.
      It won't look as cool, but if it ain't broke...
      Last edited by SteveF; 04-26-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

John,

I would like to see the 2 cowl scoops side by side. I figured the -4 is narrower and would fit the Patrol cowl better, but who knows. Pics would be appreciated.

John

Comment

I’ve used the rv6 version for my 4-place BH. See link below, it should bring you to a previous post and you’ll access several photos.
          I don’t think there is major difference between the two scoops. In all cases, the scoop need a major surgery to make it fit to a BH cowl. Most of the top section of the scoop was chopped off and re-glass to create a nice fillet.
          mike

I'm done painting my BH...and I finally start seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I have used the Endura paint system. The EP-2C primer/sealer FC is

Comment

• John Bickham
            John Bickham commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't forgot about you. Just haven't received the RV-6 scoop yet. That will be compounded by a trip next week.
            Sorry

Hi John, you’ll need to get the scoop and FAB airbox for the 360/540.
          Heres a couple of pics of a supercub that I’m putting the vans scoop/airbox on.
          Youll need to cut off most of the flange on the scoop to make it work, but it’s not to tough. Clint
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X