Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailwheel/nosewheel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• schu
      schu commented
      Editing a comment
      8:22 is at Tieton where I met him. He flew in while we were camping. I was also in my 170. I agree the 170 is a great airplane, but 2200 gross has it's limitations, and everything needs to go through the front doors. His is VERY heavy, I suspect he has around 650 useful.

I'm looking forward to having my Bearhawk done. As great as the 170 is, I expect my bearhawk to be lighter than his 170, with 80 more HP, cargo doors, seaplane doors, sliding windows, skylight, etc. I expect the BH gear to work better two. You need to know how to fly to not get bouncers with Cessna spring gear.

Yes, there are a lot of fat airplanes out there. A well known guy around here and abroad that has a bare bones light and stock cub with a sensenich74 by 50 degree pitch prop.

It will give a run to any highly moded cub or what ever you want to bring on because it is an honest 200 pounds lighter than most any highly modified cub.

People love fat airplanes. I am not sure why, the detriments of weight are so significant yet pilots are like magpies more interested in shiny gadgets than well performing aircraft.

By the way Bushwheels have a significant weight penalty as well no free lunch there either.

Comment

Working...
    X