Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking a poll on builder interest in a larger Bearhawk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very interested. My dad and I plan to build a 4 place in 5-7 years when he retires. When I read Chris's posts about the "expedition" I fell in love, it fits my families mission perfectly. I'm very interested in its development and it has ignited a desire to learn more about airplane design and aerospace engineering. I'm currently taking some free online courses and have books ordered! thanks for the inspiration guys!

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in the Expedition project. Life has a way of changing the direction of all projects, and I'm not immune. The Expedition project is on perpetual hold at the moment. If things get back going again, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Appreciate the kind words from everyone!

Best regards,
      Chris
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I remember turning a corner, years ago - at Oshkosh, to see the Sherpa! https://sherpaaircraft.com
        I realize that they’re not currently selling kits, but this thing would fulfill your mission. My needs never dictated such a plane, but I sure drooled a lot!

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bdflies View Post
        I remember turning a corner, years ago - at Oshkosh, to see the Sherpa! https://sherpaaircraft.com
        I realize that they’re not currently selling kits, but this thing would fulfill your mission. My needs never dictated such a plane, but I sure drooled a lot!

Bill
        I`m not sure whats going on with the Sherpa company, it appears to not in production right now....The Sherpa looks to be an orphan in search of a home.....

There could be issues we are not aware of...airtime on prototypes...ect..

the following is just a what if scenario...

...what if Mark licensed the Sherpa 500 (Bearhawk Expedition) ...this would fit with the next size up from the 4 place bearhawk...Just postulating but what if the Sherpa lived a duel life...Mark has the Lic to sell it under the Bearhawk name (kits/plans/parts) and also manufactures the kit for the Sherpa guys to sell under the Sherpa brand...Mark has a factory tooled to do this sort of build economically....its a win/win and Sherpa gets something for their troubles....

Sherpa could be back in business with a upscale version for their market and the bearhawk boys build a more basic model and get airtime on the airframe to build confidence in the plane over all.

Sell plans/kits/parts.....The construction types are near identical....rag/tube fuse.....metal wing

Empty 2585 Gross 4750....6 place...400HP

just an idea to get a larger bearhawk off the ground...

according to this article Sherpa did a deal to license planes for manufacture in China for Chinese customers in 2013...they might be open to a deal locally... a pay as you go kinda thing.....since there seems to be nothing happening in the North American market for them(or the rest of the world for that matter)
        https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...-certification

1-562-roll-cage-fuselage-960x500_c.jpg
        Last edited by way_up_north; 03-25-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X