Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircaft wheel manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Matco wheels on my LSA and chose the tubeless option which means I installed the o-ring shown in your link. I used a short, straight valve stem instead of the angled one in the link. When you use the tubeless option, you have to polish the inside of the wheel in the area where the o-ring sits. One of my wheels has had a slow leak and I figured I didn't polish that one well enough. However, the last time I blew it up, I went to a higher pressure and it hasn't been leaking. I'll probably still take it apart and polish it better to avoid a leak in the future. My LSA is not flying yet. All my experience has been with it sitting in the shop.

Comment

I looked at various choices last year including Cleveland, Grove, Alaska Bushwheels (all pretty much the same) and also Matco (different). Alaska was the only one which would answer all the questions a newb like me needed. Price was about 500 less than Grove. Matco said they required me to remove the mounting collar from the axle, which I decided was a bad idea. I went with the three-bolt Alaska wheels with double puck brakes. Not sure if they can be run tubeless with 850’s. if so, I can’t see whey I wouldn’t, given the cost and weight of tubes. I don’t mean to commandeer the thread but if anyone could comment on this it would be great.

Comment

Working...
      X