Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How wide is the Patrol tail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wide is the Patrol tail?

I just purchased a damaged Patrol from the insurance company and plan to go get it the end of the week and trailer it home. I haven't found listed anywhere the width of the tail; I'm trying to determine if I need to plan on taking the elevators and/or the horizontal stabilizers off to keep the tail from sticking over the side of the trailer.

Does anyone know off hand how wide a Patrol's tail is?

Thanks!!

120"
    Gerry
    Pattol #30

Comment

Thanks Gerry!

We'll definitely plan on taking off the tail feathers.

Comment

As a follow-up for anyone interested: We ended up removing the elevators but leaving the horizontal stabilizers installed. This brought the width of the tail just inside the fender width of a standard car trailer.

Comment

Do we know whose Patrol was damaged and/or details of the accident?
          Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

It is N1719Y. Ground looped on landing with 1.5 hrs total time.

I don't know the builder (although his name is on various paperwork) as I purchased it from the insurance company. It's a very nice build from a QB kit that should make a great airplane once repaired. I plan to post pictures as I get into repairs, and I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way too!

Comment

It’s out of NC, I looked it up but won’t post the builders name, no need to drag him through any mud
              N678C
              https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
              Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Working...
              X