Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitch trim tab - hinge play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a lot of different ideas here. Keep them coming! The Husky recently changed their trim system from springs to cables and I understand it's a superior feel. I think you'll like the cables.

But I want the new guy, the curious, the dreamer, or a luker/future builder, to know that I like the original trim design on the Patrol and have never thought of changing it.

I've always preferred manual trim to electric. C-150 :-) I used manual trim on the C-310 & Barron but I think they had a switch....cant recall. The Dash 8-100 (37seats) had a sweet manual trim. I did not like the electric trim on the SA-227 (19 seat) Metroliner. Dash 8 was superior to the 727 electric trim.

I installed my Patrol trim system stock from the quick build kit. The factory supplied it with rod end bearings on both ends of the trim tab push tube. If there are wear and tear issues on that set up, I'd like to know. To me (without operator experience) it seems pretty bullet proof. If I feel the servo action I believe I will acclimate.

I'm not good with design, Changes take time and money and so I should add a 6X multiplier. So I look forward to flying with Bob's original design.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 9.43.58 PM.png
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
    X