Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeeze or buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That set is pretty good. You have flat sets for the shop head and CS head rivets, domed head sets for universal head rivets, and pin/socket sets for countersinking.

I don't recall ever squeezing a size 5 rivet or larger so those might be extras you don't need, and makes me wonder if theres value in making a custom kit. (I may not have the muscle to squeeze a size 5) I also have a dimple die for countesunk #6 and #8 machine screws. Typical CS pull rivets are not 100 degree, rather 120 degrees. I have a rivet set for them too.
    Last edited by Bcone1381; 01-28-2023, 06:35 AM. Reason: speling
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

That kit looks pretty good. For my QB Patrol kit I only needed to drive or dimple 3/32 and 1/8” rivet sizes in flush and universal types. I just bought those piecemeal or in small kits from Yardstore, along with a 1.5” flush set and a back riveting set (the one with the spring on it to help squeeze the sheets together). Also #6 and #8 CS screw dimple dies, since I’m using both. I could have used some of those longer (4” maybe) and offset rivet sets once in a while but was able to borrow. Any time I needed a weird bucking bar I made it out of a chunk of iron or used a hammer or something. I didn’t know until this instant about the 100 degree head on pull rivets. Dang, I hope I don’t die!
      Last edited by Pbruce; 01-28-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X