Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lsa aileron control cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsa aileron control cable

I'm plans building a bearhawk LSA. The drawings show the rear aileron cable making a straight shot from the aileron actuator to the inboard rib through this last lightening holes. It also says to
    drill a 1/2" hole above and to the rear of the last lightening holes of rib 1, 2, &4 for the cable to go
    through. Nowhere does it say how to get the cable to joggle over to the little holes for those three
    Ribs. Can anyone enlighten me?

Welcome to the Forum Joe! Whereabouts are you?

I'm guessing this explanation applies similarly to the LSA:
    Should there be an aileron cable clearance hole in the 0.025” center ribs? Sheet 3, in the upper right corner shows a note for a ½” clearance hole for

Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

• joe
      joe commented
      Editing a comment
      Kalispell mt

My solution was to add a second fair lead at the entrance to the fuel tank bay to ensure the cable passed through the hole in the rib plus some minor reshaping of the clearance holes between there and the fair lead at the root rib.

Comment

I am concerned about the location of the aileron cable as it passes behind the tank. From the tank dimensions, it would appear the cable would be against the back of the tank. And someone please tell me what a 'fairhead" is? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X