Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full size tip rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full size tip rib

Ready to put on the last bottom skin on but have not put the full length tip rib in place because the rigid method in which I have the spars captured and accurately aligned will not allow the full length rib to be installed. How has everyone handled the tip rib or if you did, how did you hold the spars accurately? Did you leave it full length? Thanks.

Sounds like you may have used a different method to assemble your wings than what is "typical" for the type. Can you provide photos of your setup?

While this is for the 4-place, here's an overview of how one would assemble the wing set up in a vertical jig. As you can see, the full-sized rib is already attached before assembling the rest:

If yours is the QB wing, I would have presume that the end rib would have already been installed.

~Chris
    Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 09-01-2017, 12:30 PM.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Your photos helped a lot. I am building the LSA plans built and I used the same parts to align and hold the spars accurately and rigid that I used when I built my RV-4 plans built. I have figured out what I have to do with the help of your pictures to get the tip rib on. Thanks.

Comment

Glad to help Looking forward to the day I get to that spot in my build!
        Christopher Owens

Comment

Moved this topic to the "Bearhawk LSA Plans Build" section.
          Christopher Owens

Comment

Working...
          X