Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cap strips for Bearhawk LSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cap strips for Bearhawk LSA

Who carries all the capstrip sizes for the LSA

I purchased mine from Aircraft Spruce. Note this was roughly four years ago so don't know if they still carry the material.

Since the cost of truck shipment didn't really change with volume, I purchased the longerons at the same time as they were the only items that also needed to be truck shipped. I had the spar aluminum sheets shipped flat in the same shipment so it was a bit easier to use.

Note in the end I didn't use the longerons as I purchased one of the tubing kits from Mark.
    Last edited by BTAZ; 09-03-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I am working up a list for my LSA spars. I bought the spar webs from Mark. On the rear spars, 3/4” X 1/16 is called for. I suppose that we cut this from sheet aluminum. What is used to cut it.

Comment

If you can't find bar stock at any of the usual suspects, you can either have it sheared from sheet by a local sheet metal shop (perhaps an HVAC place?) or do it yourself with a circular saw as I did (although mine is .125" stock). Check here, posts 7 & 8:

So the first wing milestone has been achieved: time to start the spars! As I mentioned earlier, the Expedition spars are essentially Patrol spars, but about 10%

Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I ordered two blades

Comment

Working...
          X