Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wing Strut length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing Strut length?

Hey guys,
    I was looking at the Wing Struts on Drawing No.13 in my LSA Plan Set and all dimensions are shown except the Lengths. The actual Extruded Strut Length or Bolt to Bolt Length, inclusive of End Fittings, is blank on that page. Does anyone have that info handy or know where else that can be found?
    Thanks,
    Greg.

As I recall that length set by mounting the wings, (once you have already drilled the spars to the fuselage mounts) then setting the dihedral and making sure everything is exactly where you want it and then building the struts with all that exactly in place. Not my favorite part of the build and certainly one of the best upgrades of the latest kits is that this is all done at the factory now. Obviously you want to take your time, as there is no adjustment to the strut length once built.

I think I found detailed instructions, with some pics on the bearhawk website in the building instructions pages.

On bearhawkaircraft.com, under the Resources tab, click on kit builder manuals, then scroll down to Part 4 and look for Setting dihedral and making the struts.
    Last edited by Rollie; 02-21-2023, 03:57 PM. Reason: found the instructions
    Rollie VanDorn
    Findlay, OH
    Patrol Quick Build

Comment

Thanks Rollie,
      The info was exactly where you said it would be. I know the length to cut the strut to is determined by setting the Dihedral. I just wanted a ballpark number because there was a set of lift struts up for sale and needed to know if they were long enough. According to the info you steered me to, the dimension should be ~ 79 1/4" long. Thanks for the response.
      Greg.

Comment

Working...
      X