Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rivet squeezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivet squeezer

Will a pneumatic c yoke rivet squeezer work well on the LSA spar

I used one for the rear spar and was able to set most rivets. Access was the issue, not power.

But I don't believe it would set the front spar rivets. I back riveted them and it appears others have done the same.

Comment

Take this for what it's worth, but I'm finishing the spars on my 4-place and I'm finding the big rivets are driving just fine with my cheap ATS economy gun and the long bar that comes in the riveting kit. I had trouble at first, because I was babying the rivet too much and they were work hardening. I've found that if you tease the rivet just enough to get the initial set, you can then hit it full throttle and send it home. Also use the heaviest bar you can get your hands on. Most of my spar rivets were already set. If I had too do them all, I would invest in the heaviest tungsten bar I could get my hands on. This is also just personal opinion, but after having to drill out a couple mistakes, I feel that even a poorly driven rivet holds tighter than a squeezed rivet based on how hard they are to get out (pure subjective opinion). Best of luck too you. I can't wait to see more Bearhawk LSAs in the air.

Comment

Working...
      X