Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in the Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Swartzendruber
    replied
    Frank,
    Would you mind sharing what equipment you ended up choosing for your panel? I saw that you are going with the GRT 10.1" display but not sure about the rest. Also, would you mind measuring the height of your LSA QB panel and sharing that dimension? From the plans, it looked to me like it was 10" but your layout makes me think it must me less than 10".
    David

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Yeah, It's been a while since I've posted. Not a lot of progress since Oshkosh. But, with the grass not growing an dark coming early there's lots more time to build! Got the wings drilled to the fuselage, stringers drilled, fuel lines made up. Decided to use nut plates for floor attach, so that was done today. Also decided to paint the fuselage tubing a dark gray to match my selected paint, this meant taking everything off the fuse for prep an paint. did that today also, tomorrow will scuff and paint. If all goes well I will be working on the boot cowl, windows, door, next week. Made a short video of my mess (-:

Leave a comment:

• DwayneBailey
    replied
    Looks like it's coming along nicely! I am really starting to strongly consider the LSA.

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    2021 Oshkosh behind us and building in front! Gettin it done!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Making progress, seat bottoms covered with. 020 and backs .016 aluminum. ELT tray and antena bracket welded in place, and stringers cut and drilled to fit.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like a nice size, thanks

• PropMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, with my S7 I enjoyed the vis, heat wasn't too bad. But I'm used to that here in Texas (-:

• robcaldwell
    replied
    I purchased these for my skylight. They work great and fit perfectly between the stringers. https://www.amazon.com/kinder-Fluff-...ef_=ast_sto_dp

Leave a comment:

• Cguy
    replied
    You probably know this, but those big skylights, like the S-7 has and I guess the BH LSA, has, are great, BUT....it's also nice to have a easy way to block some of the sun off you noggin. In my 7, I have a scrap of the foil bubble foil stuff insulation. Weighs nothing, free. I just put mine up for the summer a couple days ago, and wouldn't you know it as i was flying up a canyon i saw a plane's shadow, not mine, looked up, and couldn't see up! They make fancy pleated blinds, that quickly retract, but the foil stuff pops out pretty quick if needed also. Spring, fall, and winter I love the full skylight.

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Spent a couple hours reworking the stringer standoffs and center support, which will now support the skylight, welded in new locations. Just need a few tabs to secure the rear track for the lexan.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Tail surfaces are rigged, time to get the controls rigged and cables made!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Thanks Al.
    taking me longer than I want. But making progress at least.

Leave a comment:

• interstate al
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• PropMan
    replied
    Finally!!
    Wings are done, all but paint an wingtip nut plates

Onward with the Fuselage.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment: