Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aileron and Flap Spars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aileron and Flap Spars

In searching the forum, I couldn't find the answer so believe there is something obvious I am missing. On drawing 10, are the flap and aileron spars shown as looking from front of wing to rear?
    Mike Sisk Neosho, MO

On the drawing of the spars, the doubler plates are shown as dashed lines which indicates they are shown behind the spar. The doubler plates should be on the opposite side of the spar from the hinges. From that I would say the view is from the front of the wing looking towards the rear.
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Got it, Thanks John.
      Mike Sisk Neosho, MO

Comment

John is correct, flap ribs will need to be shortened as well at the doubler plates.
        Barry Cole plans building serial #265 Patrol

Comment

Working...
        X