Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plans built full size wing tip rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plans built full size wing tip rib

On the outer full size rib (wing tip) it seems to be correct to cut lightening holes where the nose and center rib would normally have them. My concern is the portion of the rib aft of the rear spar. All of the pictures I see indicate that lightening holes are cut in that area. Why wouldn't that let air flow and whistle thru when the aileron is deflected? If I do not cut them it would be air tight in the fiberglass section.
    Stan
    Austin Tx

I'm building a 4 place, but I did not cut the lightening holes out of the rear aileron section of the tip rib for that very reason. I did put a angle stiffener in that area just to be sure though.

Best,
    John

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion of the stiffener. I think I will flush rivet the aileron side. I guess I will stick with the 9/16 flange like the other ribs . As far as I can tell a single row of nutplates are used to fasten a fiberglass tip. I suppose the nut plates must be deformed to follow the contour.

stan
      Stan
      Austin Tx

Comment

Working...
      X