Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib stitching ailerons and spars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rib stitching ailerons and spars

Could someone please help me with this? I am trying to figure out how to stitch around the ribs on the ailerons and spars. Does one take the lacing cord all the way from the top to the bottom, or is there a trick to drill holes on the ribs on the top and bottom to use for the stitching? If done like latter, won't the aluminum cut through the lacing cord when tightened? Could not find enough details on the CD or the manual.

Thanks
    Hari

All the way around top to bottom just like wings, etc...
    David Edgemon RV-9A N42DE flying RV-8 N48DE flying Patrol #232 N553DE in progress ! Plans built.

Comment

Thanks David!

Comment

Is there any detailed documentation on the control surface rib stitching? The Bearhawk Aircraft builder manual only mentions it in passing. Eric Newton's finish manual has 2 photos but no a whole lot of information. What's a good resource for learning about that? And what determines if it is necessary?

Comment

It is covered in the Poly Fiber manual pretty well. I used the spacing in tables there.

Comment

Working...
          X