Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Drawing Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rib Drawing Questions

Two questions concerning the Patrol's .032 ribs.

1) What is the 1" hole below the oblong lightening hole for?

2) Is the aileron cable clearance hole cut out now while I am making my rib blanks from my .032 sheet material? 3) What does the circle with the slash through it?. I think (the key word is THINK, meaning I lack, but desire certainty) it means a 1/2 inch diameter hole is called for in exactly this location for the
    Aileron cable to fit through?

Thanks for your help.

Brooks Cone
    Chelsea, MI
    Plans building Patrol #303
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

1) I believe flap torque tube.
    2) Regarding aileron clearance holes, see:
    Should there be an aileron cable clearance hole in the 0.025” center ribs? Sheet 3, in the upper right corner shows a note for a ½” clearance hole for

3) Diameter.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Seems like drilling those holes on assembly might be worth thinking about. I'm not there yet, but being able to know exactly where the parts are going to go is a distinct advantage. But you won't know where the parts for your particular airplane go until you get to the assembly jig. A little tolerance here, a little there and your predrilled holes are now elliptical. Maybe a big pain drilling ribs in the assembly jig but the holes will be dead nuts.
      Cheers
      Gerry
      Patrol #30 Wings

Comment

Regarding Gerry's suggestion, what have others done? I looked up the measurements for the flap torque tube, and my feeling is it seems doable by building it to plans. My confidence is less about getting a cable that runs on an angle to properly fit through a series of holes.
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
        X