Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear spar attach fitting match-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear spar attach fitting match-up

Hey gents (I don't think there are any female patrol scratchbuilders out there),
    For those who are passed this step, did you make the two fittings below have the same radius around the bolt holes? Seems like a big enough difference between the outer and inner plates that it may have been intentional...?
    Thanks!
    Mark

Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Can not see any pictures!

Comment

You're right - now I can't either. How's this?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Mark
      Hood River, OR

Comment

As you know I am not where I can check mine but I think I made both match the larger one. I know a few extra grams of aluminum here and there and next thing you know you have a lead sled. Oh well.

Doug
        Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

I believe the 032 web is under there too. By that I mean the 032 web is not squared off at a right angle.
          Stan
          Austin Tx

Comment

I made the smaller inner and 0.032 match the larger one
            John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Thanks guys. So John, are you all settled in the Seattle area?
              Mark
              Hood River, OR

Comment

Getting closer. Last weekend I had two pods delivered to my new hanger in Arlington with all my shop stuff and the in progress patrol. Also had a lot of storage stuff and stuff for the house. We close on th house Tuesday and move in Thursday. Hopefully this week needs I will start to be settled. I am now sitting at ten resturant in Arlington having just moved the Cherokee from Bremerton airport to its new home. We will be out of the temporary apartment in Silverdale tomorrow. This moving is so so much fun. You will have to come up and visit. The new hanger is great. 2500sf, heated and 20' ceilings.
                John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Working...
                X