Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proud owner of planset P319

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud owner of planset P319

I just got the package from Bob Barrows but there wasn't any plane inside. Just a bunch of papers. I guess you have to build these things yourself.

Anyway, in seriousness, its exciting to take the first steps even though so small. I am planning to scratch build as much as I can. I have no kids and therefore a good bit of free time. Wife goes back to France for two months every summer to see the queen of our planet....her mother.

Anyway. I am looking over the plans and have the first head scratcher. Please explain the plans/dimension convention that is on the end of the strut attach fitting. It seems to suggest a 3/8 hole but then has a 1/2R and .08. Is this a step of some sort. 1/2 dia .08 deep.

Please let me know so I can make a note and learn to read the plans better

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to what we will hopefully have in common some day. A complete Bearhawk.

1/2" outside radius, hole ID 3/8", offset .08" from the center of the outside radius.
    Welcome to the group! Yes, some assembly required.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Mark
      You type faster then me.
      John,
      Welcome. Like Mark said. the 1/2"r is the outside of the bracket, not the hole. The .08 is the offset between the hole center and the radius of the bracket to put a little more meat around the hole.

Doug
      Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

Working...
      X