Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back at it - Spars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at it - Spars

finally getting back to my Patrol after dealing with, injuries, a summer of fishing, a much needed vacation and truck repairs. Life is good, but not always good for project progress.

Started working on bending the spar blanks tonight. did some test pieces to figure out the proper bending shoe thickness and adjustments for the brake. tomorrow night I'm hoping to get some actual parts made.
    Phil Schaefer
    Patrol #073
    Working on Spars

Flap spars bent!! It's been amazing working with an old school professional sheet metal man. He measured things up, did the calcs, and we bent them up perfect first try.
    Phil Schaefer
    Patrol #073
    Working on Spars

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Phil Schaefer
      Patrol #073
      Working on Spars

Comment

Main spar channels bent.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Phil Schaefer
        Patrol #073
        Working on Spars

Comment

It's funny how all our shops start looking exactly the same. Except for that prop looking thing up on your wall!
          Mark
          Scratch building Patrol #275
          Hood River, OR

Comment

AWESOME! at least somebody in Fairbanks is making progress because it sure isnt me! Ill have to pick your brain about the spars someday. Where did you end up going? I just picked up my fuselage tubing package today. Im excited but its going to be sitting on the shelf until at least next winter. Dang priorities.....
            Andrew Fowler
            Scratch building patrol 176
            Fairbanks, Alaska

Comment

Andrew, I was able to use a 10' brake and shear through work. Dutton Sheet metal at Chena Marina has an 8' brake, but if you need help when you get to the flap spars let me know.
              Phil Schaefer
              Patrol #073
              Working on Spars

Comment

Working...
              X