Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airfoil template and plans dont match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airfoil template and plans dont match

I am getting ready to brake spars and double checking everything. I have patrol plans # 250. I built my rib form block from drawing 4. The full size template. The main spar height on the full size template measures 8.625 inches. After building the block and forming the ribs they measure aprox 8.7 inches. However, the main spar drawings show this measurment to be only 8.25 inches. Something isnt right. The template very clearly does not match the plans. Has anyone else encounteted this. Suggestions?
    ​​​​​​

If that's the case, assemble the spars with the caps, spreaders, attach plates, etc. to plan dimensions, and bend the spar webs to match your ribs.

I'd have to open the plans, but is the 8.25" from spar cap edge to spar cap edge, not the height of the web overall?
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by nnvpaul View Post
      I am getting ready to brake spars and double checking everything. I have patrol plans # 250. I built my rib form block from drawing 4. The full size template. The main spar height on the full size template measures 8.625 inches. After building the block and forming the ribs they measure aprox 8.7 inches. However, the main spar drawings show this measurment to be only 8.25 inches. Something isnt right. The template very clearly does not match the plans. Has anyone else encounteted this. Suggestions?k
      ​​​​​​
      If you look at page 5 of the plans, the center drawing shows 8.25 as edge of cap strip to edge of cap strip and at the bottom center section A-A shows 8.57 as the outer dimensions of the spar. I did as chris suggested, I built all my ribs and then built the spars to match the ribs
      John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Ditto. My ribs ended up a bit on the fat side so good thing I did those first.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
        X