Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Tank Bay Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Bay Cover

OK. Am I blind or just my head up and locked? I can't find in the plans or the book the material for the fuel tank cover. The skin in that section is .025 but it does not say for the cover.
    Also the last time I visited Donna and Dennis they showed me that the QB cover has skin stiffeners on it but the book only talks about stiffeners on the top skin above the tank.
    Any help?

Doug
    Scratch building Patrol #254

Finished one side, a couple of weeks ago. I'll confirm tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the cover is .032". Definitely not .020". Stiffeners top and bottom.

Bill

Comment

On my 4-place I followed the guidance in Eric's wings manual and used .032 for the fuel tank bay covers. I believe the thought is that .025 is okay but .032 is better. And yes they do need skin stiffeners just like the top skins.
      Wayne Massey - Central Florida
      BH733
      LSA23
      http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

I guess I was blind. After the umpteenth time going through the plans, I finally found where it says .032 on the top left corner of drawing 2. I still have not found where it talks about skin stiffeners as the book specifically says upper skin, and then it says two per wing. I do think they'd be a good idea anyway and I'm going to use them. Thanks guys.

Doug

Comment

look at Sheet 2 top left corner. calls out 0.032. stiffeners are called out on the left bottom of same page. I know....i can read the page 1000 times and never see it
          John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Wow, how bad is that? Even after finding the thickness on the same page I still did not see it. Was already convinced I needed them so got them made this afternoon, will have them on tomorrow.

Thank guys.
            Doug

Comment

Well Doug,

I'm sure you'll be excited to know that I, too, confirmed what you now know. Have fun drilling all those holes holes and mounting all those nutplates!

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X