Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when you rush....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you rush....

Measure twice, measure twice, measure twice!!! Been doing so well lately and today got into a little rush. Drilled the last hole in the attach bracket off line. Just hit it with a little primer and pushed a few rivets in place to show it. Shoot!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Help me, which hole are you referring to? I think I see some misalignment and I feel your pain but I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right spot.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie
      Help me, which hole are you referring to? I think I see some misalignment and I feel your pain but I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right spot.
      Fifth rivet from bottom (last one on the bracket). Yes, I know i'm being kind of crazy!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ended up remaking mine, with more meat around the rivets. It's easier the second time! The first set turned into useful scrap.
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

I don’t think your being crazy at all. I get it—it’s the Feng Shui thing. But you’ll get used to it. By the time you finish your project it probably won't be the first OOPS! you’ll make. I’ve actually cut the fabric off and redid it, twice. ( on three different pieces.) Keep in mind, as I've been told--perfection is the enemy of completion. D.

Comment

• Bdflies
            Bdflies commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds familiar. I covered 3 flaps... Funny thing is, lessons learned from mistakes seem to get fixed into my memory more firmly than others, casually acquired.

Bill

• Flygirl1
            Flygirl1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I get that too. Trouble is I have zero intentions of ever building another airplane. So I hope somebody benefits from my experiences, good or bad. D.

I am learning quite a bit about myself in the process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Flygirl1
            Flygirl1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think it's possible to not learn something about yourself doing a project like this! Good things and bad. It turns out I have a touch of OCD.🌞

SC Patrol 253 - keep up the steady work, I have been following you on your facebook page and am encouraged each time I see you post. Thank you
          BH plans #963
          Patrol plans #P330
          LSA plans #L063

Comment

Working...
          X