Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuselage Formers - datails needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuselage Formers - datails needed

I am installing the fuselage strings and fuselage sheet metal formers. I am trying to understand how the upper forward fuselage former is suppose to interact with the windshield.

I am holding the windshield up next to the Upper Forward Fuselage Former. How does the windshield interact with this piece? Does the windshield go on the inside of it, or does it get attached to the outside with a piece of trim installed to secure the vertical edge of the windshield? The Patrol fuselage only has one tab positioned to reciece a windshield fastener. It is located at the top of this former, about three inches above my thumb.
    IMG_3273.JPG
    IMG_3271.JPG
    IMG_3274.JPG

Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

On my LSA(which I expect is similar to your Patrol) the windshield is sandwiched between the main door former and an outer L shaped piece(which I think is what is in your hand). The outer piece shares the mounting holes/tabs for the inner piece.

At final install, I used VHB tape on both the inner and outer piece to hold the windshield in place.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I had a separate issue arise and needed to call Bob Barrows. I also asked about the window install, and confirmed that its like you said. It turns out the lower photo is correct with the window going on the outside. I will be fabricating an additional L-shaped piece and sandwiching the window between the two. #6 Nut plates are installed on the inside of the inner piece.

Thanks for exposing me to VHB tape. I will be keeping the in mind.

Brooks
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
      X