Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build Progress Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Progress Pictures

Thought I would share a link to the Patrol build. I am very close to being done with the ribs, I have to make all those stiffners yet and then prime everything. Still having fun!!! I thought I better put some pictures on here so everyone didn't think I was a BS'er! Here is the link:

Barry Cole plans building serial #265 Patrol

Barry, great work. looks good.
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Good Stuff...how long you been on the project?
      Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
      Project Plans #1299
      N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

I started the build on January 4th, 2014.

Comment

I'll have to check it out at home. Darn work filters
          Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Nice work, keep the pixs coming.
            Doug
            Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

If you started a little over a month ago you are really moving. You did everything in those pics in the last month? Unbelievable...
              Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
              Project Plans #1299
              N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

I average 5-6 hours per day on it, plus my wife was gone for a couple weeks and I spent long days on it then. I work part time.

Comment

Nice job Barry ! I wish I had that time to build that strong as you, How does that flanging tool you made work?

Dave
                  David Snyder
                  P154

Comment

Dave, if you are referring to the 2x4's and door hinge tool, it is a real time saver. I got the idea from John Snapp's video and I used it to make all the 90 degree flanges on the ribs, I was even able to cut the 2x4 down enough to use it on the very tips of the ail and flap ribs. It makes almost perfect 90 degree bends, all I needed to do is make small adjustments here and there with my Bob stick. Look for N3UW's video's here on the forum and on Youtube, very helpful. Happy building!

Comment

Nice work Barry keep up the building your clipping right along! I sure wish I would have seen John's video before I did my flanges that sure looks like a great way to straighten them.
                      Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Thanks, it sure was a time saver. This forum along with Youtube is a very valuable resource for home builders.

Comment

Working...
                        X