Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightening holes1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightening holes1

Cut all my 3.5 and 2.0 holes in my rear spar webs today wirh my trusty General fly cutter. About 4-5 minutes setup between each hole. Went smooth as silk. 4 clanps per setup. I cut about .020 small to allow for cleanup. Do not do this operation without the proper mental attitude. Do not do this operation with another person present. You will be distracted and are sure to screw it up. Turn off the cell phone. If you are hung over, high or pissed off you will screw it up. Send the family to the mall, lock the door and concentrate. The reward is uplifting.
    Gerry
    Patrol #30 Wings

Couldn't agree more Gerry! Here's my flap spar but same basic process. Very satisfying. Best if done before 7am, the house is quiet then.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Do not do this operation with another person present. You will be distracted and are sure to screw it up. Turn off the cell phone. If you are hung over, high or pissed off you will screw it up. Send the family to the mall, lock the door and concentrate.

Thats funny--- I thought I was the only one who thought like that ! As the Mel Brooks movie "High Anxiety" when doing certain things....

Comment

Working...
      X