Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle setup in two door seaplane patrol model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle setup in two door seaplane patrol model

This is a bit in advance but I have been trying to figure out what kind of throttle setup you would use in a patrol with the two door option. I would see a standard side mounted quadrant for the rear seat but it does not look like you have room in the front for a side mounted quadrant. I would think it would need to be a push pull cable in the front. Has anybody built the patrol with two doors?
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

I believe on the Rans S-7, which is a tandem seat with 2 doors, they use a push pull throttle mounted on the left side of the panel. Seems like that would work well on a 2 door patrol too.
    Phil Schaefer
    Patrol #073
    Working on Spars

Comment

Phil, the Rans S-7 has the throttle mounted along the lower door frame, not on the panel. The two throttles (front and back) are connected together with a rod. (push-pull) Some at first mistake the door handle with the throttle when flying but no harm is ever done. This is fairly simple mod to do in the patrol and only done if you want the back seat person to be in control of throttle if they are flying. Brake/rudder could be set up similar, but your really getting involved if brakes are also added for rear.

And of course if you don't want any throttle capability for rear seat, you can panel mount just as you stated.

Best of success.
      Scott

Comment

Working...
      X