Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any builders in Wisconsin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any builders in Wisconsin ?

Hi, I am just trying to figure out a list of 4130 tubing for the Patrol, I was wondering if there are any builders here in WI? Has any one come up with a ballpark list of tubing ? Thanks, Dennis H Milladore, WI

Hi Dennis, I'm building a 4-place over here in Marshfield, but working on wing parts at the moment. I haven't purchased any steel yet, though. If I remember correctly, while the patrol is narrower, I thought that the construction was similar. I wonder if the 4-place tube lists in the Yahoo archives would get you close? How far along are you? I've been trying to schedule our EAA chapter meetings around member projects this year. Love to come see yours! Next week we are visiting a member's Avid project. PM me if you'd like to meet. Chris
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I'm in St. Paul, MN

Shoot me a PM with your email address. I have put together an excel list of tubing for the patrol. Not sure how accurate it is being I have not built it yet but it should be close.
      Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

Dennis, check out this link: www.cartesiantube.com They CNC bend and notch all the tubing and ship it to your door. That is the route I am going. Good luck and have fun!
        Barry Cole plans building serial #265 Patrol

Comment

• X'N
          X'N commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely the way I'm going too.

I made up a Patrol fuselage tubing list and researched my best deal. The tubing came to $840. Cartesian is $3700. With the extra $2860 you can buy a new 199-62 Cleveland Wheel and brake kit, master cylinders, a cool tailwheel and spring. Might even have enough left over to buy some neat factory rudder pedals. I think cutting copes into thinwall steel tubing is a very minor task when compared with the overall scope of this project. My labor is cheap and available and a file is the only required tooling. Just my .02.
        Cheers
        Gerry
        Patrol #30 Wings

Comment

Of course if I was going to scratch build a fuselage, I guess I would probably build the rudder pedals as well. They are pretty simple. Just more of the same. However building the wings may kill me first.
          Cheers
          Gerry
          Patrol #30

Comment

• Chris In Milwaukee
            Chris In Milwaukee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you on that. I don't think these things are ever going to end...

Hey guys, sorry for the late response. Been pretty busy at work, not much time off. Chris I am very interested in checking out your project. The wings on this thing scare me the most, I would love to see how they are constructed. Barry, I will go with just a bunch of raw tubing , I have welded up a couple of other fuselages in the past and I think the extra cash for the pre cut tube kit is best spent elsewhere. Dan, I am sending you a PM for that list, Thanks, Dennis

Comment

• Chris In Milwaukee
            Chris In Milwaukee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Dennis,

June's chapter meeting is going to be at my house, and we'll be working on Bearhawk parts. Send me an email at [cowens (at) cnw (dot) com], and I'll fill you in!

~Chris
        Working...
        X