Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol tandem rear pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol tandem rear pedals

On the 4 place side by side - both sides have rudders with brakes.

On the tandem patrol the rear seat just has rudder pedals - no brakes.

Is that how most are building their airplane?

sjt
    Stan
    Austin Tx

Stan, I scratched built an LSA and installed heel brakes as I wanted to teach my grandson to fly. Due to the limited space and entry the heel is all that would work for me, they are quite good . Stinger IMG_2911.jpg

Comment

• sjt
      sjt commented
      Editing a comment
      I also was interested in teaching from back seat.

Did you also have a throttle quadrant in back?

IMG_2912.jpg Yes, this picture shows a out side view.

Comment

I also need to have dual controls. I put brake master cylinders on the rear pedals. They do stick up but I think they will be fine. Three of us low tailwheel time pilots will be checked out on the plane. Once we all have enough training we may remove them, but for now, they are staying. I also put a throttle in the back, but no prop, mix, carb heat or instruments.

Comment

That heel brake installation of stingers is really nice. I contemplated heel brakes but I’m challenged enough trying to do things unmodified.

Comment

I expect to create a similar concept to Stinger, re-utilizing the rear masters as heel brakes. Probably will leave them above the floor, perhaps angled under the seat.
          Good to see someone has already created my thought.

Comment

Working...
          X