Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual

What manual / building instructions are the BH5 owners using? I am hoping to have my Quick build kit by 1Qtr 2023 maybe sooner and I am trying to get my head wrapped around this big project.
    Is it a mix of Eric Newton's Builder Manual and the bearhawk.tips?

I did a search and did not find an answer.
    Thanks
    Travis
    Travis M
    Kentucky
    Bearhawk 5 Quickbuilt Kit Plane #5041
    Received December 2022

If you have sent your deposit for a QB kit, you can have access to the Kit Builder Manual at bearhawk.tips now. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Comment

Jared,
      I do have access to the Kit Builder Manual. I guess what I am looking for is a general order of build so I don't end of having to undo a bunch of work to add something I missed. I know that is bound to happen but the more I can prevent it the better.
      Thanks
      Travis
      Travis M
      Kentucky
      Bearhawk 5 Quickbuilt Kit Plane #5041
      Received December 2022

Comment

This is the map, which is a table of contents for the manual and also a flow chart for the steps of construction:

Comment

Travis, there is also another manual for the BH5 that has not been discussed on this forum I think. Lots of pictures with captions. It is available for kit builders of the Model 5. It is not finished yet but the fuselage portion is largely done. Contact me privately about it. Mark

Comment

• RobinDeMarco
            RobinDeMarco commented
            Editing a comment
            Will these manuals only be for QB kits or will they be available to scratch builders as well?

I'll comment on the Eric Newton Manual. It is specifically a series for the scratch builder that Eric created when he was building what we now call the A model. I am building a Patrol kit and it is useful...very useful...even though its for the Model A. I find it very useful for giving you a good order of flow.

I will also say that I think a good order of flow needs to involve the structure that is assembled from the firewall to the aft bulkhead. The fuselage formers, the doors, all windows including the windshield, the wing spar drilling, the struts, the fuel lines, the throttle quadrant on the Patrol....it all somehow might effect other.

Like the formers and fuel line interact to a large degree, so if the formers get installed too tight, it might a hassle, and if the formers are too far out, then will the lower strut bolt go into place. Mine is going in upside down.

So if you can get all that wing root, former, door, boot cowl, gear legs, stick, doors/windows, flap & aileron, flap gap fairing, wing root fairing, fuel sight gage and fuel line stuff set and let those kind of be your guide, i think it might help you see that lots of interaction that will set you up for the fabric cover job. Its not the only way, just one way that might help you proceed, and its what I will do next time.

Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
          X