Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BH5 Side window options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH5 Side window options

Does anyone have suggestions on how the side windows could be built. Is a one piece on the left side an option?
    In the first photo I clamped the provided frames quickly in place. The other two are of another builders choice.
    The right side is naturally split by the two piece cargo door.
    The prototype doesn’t extend side windows to the rear passenger seats. Nor does the builders manual show extended windows.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by Tim Weaver; 12-22-2022, 09:05 AM.

On Collin’s 2nd build, he went with 6 seats and the rear window appears to be separate.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The first (prototype) model 5, blue/white, was an enlarged 4 place. So it had the room but normal mode 4 windows, no third row seats, etc.

Id have to ask Mark or one of kit builders what comes with the 5, but the left side certainly could be a single piece. it would be quite long, so perhaps it would be better to add a separate third row window like the 185 has.

pb

Comment

I wanted a one piece window on mine and did it by making a custom carbon frame that attached to the airframe and was used to make fabric terminations. I then made a carbon trim ring over my window and riveted that to the frame once paint was done. Here is one of my videos, you can see the frame at the 6:40 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnSana5RiMg&t=21s

Comment

Working...
        X