Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new joiner, future 4p bear hawk builder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new joiner, future 4p bear hawk builder...

Good day, I have been following this site for some time now and I've decided it's time to jump in. A little back ground, I live in the msp area. I come from an ase tech back ground, currently going to A&P school n and I'm a welder for one of the airlines. I currently do not have a PPL. But look forward once I'm out of school working on getting it (wife is fully on board with it, which is interesting from some of my past project car builds) I might be dreaming but I'm hoping I can find a local fbo to trade some mechanic time for flight time but that might be a shot in the dark. my wife and I are going to Oshkosh for the first time on Friday-Sunday and other than the war bird area in hoping to find a 4p bearhawk there to show my wife and give a better idea than just online pictures. I love a challenge and a home built seems the way to scratch that itch. If any of you guys are at air venture and don't mind answering some questions I would love to twist your ear about your plane. (Sorry if the intro is long, I tend to be long winded)

I got home from Oshkosh late last night. When you get there, go to the Bearhawk display. There is a four place on display when I was there that was outstanding!

Opportunity exists at Oshkosh to attend home building workshops...welding, metal forming, fabric covering. These are probably elementary for you. But there were some wives that were welding beads way beyond mine, and I known the poly fiber class was taught by a female a few years ago. You never know what might attract her to the project.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

I hope you found some time to stop by the Bearhawk booth on the North Aircraft Display. All three Bearhawks were represented there, and all were great examples of the type. There were a couple out on the field early in the week that builders brought over, but I think that they were gone later in the week.

Best of luck on your PPL and building project. You can do just about any combination you like between full scratch build through quick build kit. Enjoy the adventure!

There are at least a few builders near MSP or within a reasonable drive. Click the Builders Map link in the top navigation of this site and see who's near you. Addition to the map is voluntary, and not all scratch or kit builders are on it. But it shows a nice collection.

~Chris
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I keep my plane at krpd and would be happy to show it to you

Comment

Working...
        X