Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old New Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old New Builder

Hello all. I am starting (again) to build a plans 4-place in Austin, TX. I originally got plans in 2011 and life and work keep getting in the way. Hopefully this time will go better.

Welcome back!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

ONB-Welcome back!! My partner and I are just finishing up on two quick build kits, including quick build wings. Now that we are at the end of this project, I can say without a doubt those of you who go with plans built planes have my utmost respect for your endurance, patience and whatever drives you to the finish line. I am not a builder, but a flyer. My partner has had the job of "teaching" me some new skills and trust me I have tried his patience. (He says the worst thing he did was to teach me how to use calipers.) Based on what I have learned, my advice to you is to do something EVERY DAY on your project. Even if it's just looking at it and thinking about what you want to do tomorrow. If you follow that rule-you will eventually run out of things to do, except fly it and tweak it. ;-) Donna

Comment

30 minutes a day is all you need to make real progress!

Comment

Working...
        X