Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Plans builder from Derby Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Plans builder from Derby Kansas

Hi guys, working on deciding between original 4 place or waiting for the B-model plans. Grew up in Lusk, Wyoming around "work" Super Cubs, hunting coyotes for the Dept. of Ag, with my Dad (he ran the program for the eastern Wyoming, western Nebraska and a sliver of S. Dakota). Spent the next 2 1/2 decades running around building/maintaining/supporting everything from B-2 bombers to Air Force One. What's funny is the more exotic the plane gets, the more you wish you were working on a tube and rag airplane...

I've followed the Bearhawk since it's inception and decided it was a good bird to get me back and forth to my parents ranch in eastern Wyoming (2,500' grass strip) from Derby Kansas (Wichita), especially with the baggage I would want to take. I have friend involved to cut down on the calendar time and keep each other motivated. Between the two of us we have the tools, space and knowledge to be successful. I look forward to learning from this forum.

Andy
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I would wait for the B-model. It has all the updates and tweaks to make it that much better.

Welcome to the "club"
    Last edited by patrickh99; 12-19-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Welcome Andy! Lots of good folks and information around here. Keep us informed as you make progress.

Bill

Comment

Hey Andy, I'm building a 4-place in SW Kansas, Satanta. Not too far. If you have access to a plane I have a 2100' grass strip or Satanta Muni is 3 mi. If you are ever this way I would welcome a visit.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Guys, my kids have a the assignment to watch Facebook for the notice on the release of the B-model plans...so as soon as Mr. Barrows announces, I plan on ordering. Anybody have an idea when that might be? I've checked R&B and Bearkhawk aircraft, but all it says is to check Facebook.

Bill, I would like to come out and see your progress, Chase (my build buddy) and I have access to a Mooney and could get out there. Where are you in the build?

Andy

Comment

• BAnton
            BAnton commented
            Editing a comment
            Scratch built wings are done and hanging in a shed waiting. QB fuselage (thought I'd better speed it up or I'd be to old to fly by the time I finished) in process. Tail feathers on. Floor boards in. Control sticks in, rudder pedals and brake cylinders in, wheels/tires/brakes installed, tail wheel installed. Boot cowling done. Firewall installed and engine mount on. Engine is sitting there waiting to be hung in order for the cowling to be fitted. Prop ordered w/ship date of 3/17. Maybe 60% done 90% to go. I'm retired so work pretty much everyday so anytime that would work for you and Chase would work. I can come to Satanta Muni (1K9) to pick you up. Call my cell 620-649-7172.
            Last edited by BAnton; 12-21-2016, 07:57 PM.
        Working...
        X