Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Builder

Hello everyone. I am new on this site, and my status is that I am helping a friend with his Bearhawk. We originally started the QB build in Kansas, and have both moved our families to Oklahoma and live on an airpark North of Tulsa. The project is coming along at a pace slower than what either of us want but we are gaining and this is what matters. This is my first Bearhawk build but I have built several other homebuilts.

How far along are you on your Bearhawk? When did you start? What other homebuilts have you built? Are you flying anything now? It pretty cool to live on an airpark I bet.

Brooks
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

We are about ready to start covering the fuselage and tail feathers. Have the wingtips left to attach to wings, and windshield to attach. The engine is in and running as well as panel is about finished. It has been several years on the build because we started this in Kansas and then both moved our families to Oklahoma and both built new homes and hangers on the airpark. As far as what I have built prior, my first was helping another friend build a J3 Kitten, then I built a SuperCat which is a small ag wagon look alike, next was a Kitfox model IV Speedster, nest was an RV6A, next was a model V Kitfox, I am now working on another model V Kitfox and finishing a model 7 Kitfox. I have an Emeraude partially built and decided to help with the Bearhawk as much as possible as I want to see it get finished. Presently flying the Model IV Speedster, a Smith SuperCub, and flying off the hours on the model V Kitfox. I would love to see some of you guys fly into Skyhaven Airpark which is North of Tulsa sometime.

Bryan

Comment

Welcome Bryan,

I grew up in Enid and worked in the Tulsa area for 12 years. Does the air park still have the annual bring your own bowl bean cook off? Two of the biggest pots of beans you will ever see on outdoor cookers. Good memories!

Best of luck on your project.

Stephen B. Murphey
        Bearhawk LSA
        Building #L-089

Comment

That's every year at Airman Acres. And they still have it. I live Just North of there on Skyhaven. We have a big Brat feed every year. The Bean Dinner is big as its been going for like 53 yrs. So fly in and see us this summer.

Bryan

Comment

Aww... Very nice area. I remember doing some of my primary work over Skiatook Lake. Your right, I need to get my project done and make it to some of those events.
            Stephen B. Murphey
            Bearhawk LSA
            Building #L-089

Comment

Working...
            X