Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A & P Student Tulsa Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A & P Student Tulsa Tech

Hello, I'm a Student at Tulsa Technology Center located on the Riverside Airport Campus. I am very interested in the Bearhawk 4 place and want to eventually build one for myself. I'm hoping to stay in the General Aviation Field to provide quality A & P Service on G.A. Aircraft and Experimental's. I'd also like to attend some fly in's for Bearhawks or be notified about Bearhawks at air show events. I enjoy antique aircraft and war birds but my favorites are the STOL aircraft. I wish the school would purchase a complete build kit that we as students could actually work on and have a full airworthy plane at the end of the program. Anyway, i'm looking forward to participating in several discussions regarding the builds and especially Engines as I want to specialize in Aircraft engines, Lycoming's, Continental's, Rotax or whatever a builder wants to power his plane with.
    I welcome any comments especially from anyone who's Licensed as a FAA Inspector to offer advise and wisdom to a new A & P mechanic / potential builder.

Congrats on your training and interest in GA! The population of folks who are passionate about GA seems to be dwindling. One of the biggest A&P schools near us (Nothern Illinois, if memory serves) closed down recently. They fed a lot of A&Ps into our region. Fox Valley Tech (Oshkosh) seems to feed Gulfstream these days, and folks are jumping ship to airlines and similar around here. Or they're retiring and not being replaced.

So happy to see you joining the fleet!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Welcome, I did my primary flight training at RVS. Wish I would have taken the time to complete the evening A&P program there. The opportunity and value is hard to find in other areas of the country.
      Stephen B. Murphey
      Bearhawk LSA
      Building #L-089

Comment

Working...
      X