Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SW Idaho, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW Idaho, USA

Always wanted to fly, getting ready to pull the trigger on a 4 seat Bearhawk - Cant believe there are only 5 other builders/flyers's in Idaho of Bearhawks.. I live west of Boise and actually about a half dozen miles from KitFox.. but decided to go with Bearhawk for the seating, the utility and speed... As long as it's US made right..?
    Dad of 5, married to great wife, who I talked into letting me get my PPL at an airshow in Hill Air Force Base..to preface it... i have wanted to fly since I was a preteen, and she has always said she doesn't want me flying because its too dangerous.. sooo.. watching a female acrobatic pilot, I asked what if one of our girls wanted to become a pilot.. She thought about it and said well, if that's what they want to do, it will make them happy and they are sure about it, I guess they could.. Then I smiled and said well then I can get mine then right? BINGO.. got her!
    My youngest, always points out to me every plane and helicopter in the sky and she's 2.. So I think I found my fellow pilot in my family...lol

Avatar is from snowmobiling into Yellowstone this past winter (Dec 2016) at -38F below zero! and -74F windchill (search and rescue doesn't even operate in the park till its -20F or warmer..)

Welcome. Oh and.......girl pilots are da' bomb. (Just ask us)

Comment

Originally posted by DemoDollCate View Post
      Welcome. Oh and.......girl pilots are da' bomb. (Just ask us)
      lol.. yes and this is the gal we watched.. She was awesome.. she had all of my kids watching.. which usually at a hot airshow the younger kids get bored.. Melissa Andrzejewski -> https://www.facebook.com/MelissaSportsgal/

Comment

I also have 5 kids. I got my PPL at the same time my 2 youngest children did their basic training. My youngest son is an USAF V22 pilot and my only daughter is an emergency medical helicopter pilot. Putting 5 kids through college left no money for flying, until the last one graduated..

Both my parents were pilots after WWII. The family hauler was a Cessna Bob Cat. On one occasion, my mother critiqued one of my landings and she was not very complimentary.

Bottom line, you are never too old to start flying and the rewards are worth all the effort.

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the PPL! I'm a slacker. Got the license while in college, 41 years ago. Nothing commercial, just a hobby. In those years, I PROMISE I've met no less than a hundred folks who "always wanted to fly and regret not doing it." Never met a pilot who regretted the rating. To me, flying is still magic and I feel an unspeakable privilege, every time I land.
          I had a Kitfox, a while back. Probably the most fun I've ever had in a plane. It was an amphib. But, fun is about all it was. Very little utility. The Bearhawk is a real, useful airplane. The building process brings rewards as well.
          Welcome again!

Bill
          Last edited by Bdflies; 05-07-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

leftheart - welcome from one state over. Like you I have kit manufacturers all around me, so of course I go with a Virginia/Mexico outfit!

What are you flying now?
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
            X