Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New builder finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New builder finally

Good evening,

I have finally started down the road to building a Patrol. I purchased Doug Laue's half way completed wings.
    Scott Ahrens
    Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Scott, we spoke a while ago. I owe you Doug's hinge mount jig. When do you need it? I hope to be using it within 2 weeks.
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

I won't be needing for awhile. Certainly longer than two weeks or even a month. It will take me that long to get caught up with the work Doug has completed. I feel like I'm cheating a little, having all the wing parts fabricated by Doug.
      Scott Ahrens

Comment

He did a nice job! I will miss bouncing ideas off of him. Guess I'll have to start bugging you now!
        Mark
        Hood River, OR

Comment

I would love to have someone to bounce ideas off of. I built a RV-7 but that was a kit, this is different. Are your wings done? Where are you in your project?
          Scott Ahrens

Comment

Getting ready to weld the last of the wing steel. I was hoping to sandblast and paint this year but temperatures are going down, that may have to wait till spring while I do something else. I'm gathering ideas on floor-standing wing skinning jigs. Progress has been very slow this summer.
            Mark
            Hood River, OR

Comment

I am fortunate to have Doug's wing jig to assemble and skin the second wing. Would you like measurements and photos?
              Scott Ahrens

Comment

I think Doug's attaches to the ceiling? I have no ceiling access so looking into a floor standing version.
                Mark
                Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
                X