Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk 4-Place Builder, Tempe AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 4-Place Builder, Tempe AZ

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking forward to scratch building a Bearhawk 4-Place! I plan to purchase plans later this month and start the build ASAP. It will be a fun adventure, and I'm happy to say that my wife is on board with the project! I'm looking forward to developing new skills as the project progresses.

Jon

Welcome Jon! If you're like me you may find scratch building builds you as much as you build it.
    Good call to get wife buy-in. Keep her tank filled and you might get an airplane out of the deal.
    What's your background?
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Hi Mark,

I am a corporate pilot for Honeywell. I fly a Falcon 7x and 8x for them. I also fly KC-135's for the Arizona Air Guard. I started my aviation career with MN Air Force Reserves flying C-130's. I did that for about 10 years. On the civilian side, I had a job flying 747's (200, 300) for a company called Cargo 360. They didn't last very long. I think I was with them for about 6 months. I got the job at Honeywell, which lead to my relocation to Arizona. I do have about 250 hours in light GA aircraft, mostly from my college days.

I don't have much practical hands-on building experience. I'm sure I will find that "scratch building builds you as much as you build it." Building an airplane has been a life long goal. I'm excited to get started. Hopefully in a few years I can look back say "Why did I wait so long to start building?!"

Jon

Comment

Great resume! It’s always amazed me how many professional pilots I’ve met at fly-ins and on airplane forums. How great it is that you love flying so much that it’s your job and your hobby! Isn’t America great that you can do that!
        I’ve said it before and I'll repeat; Building a plane has very little to do with airplanes. It’s a process and you have to love the process and find immeasurable satisfaction in building each minute part. In the end, you have a fine airplane!

Welcome Jon!

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X