Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A re-introduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A re-introduction!

Hi everyone! I created this account and introduced myself back in probably 2016 when I had hopes to buy plans for the 4-Place Bearhawk. But life got in the way and I never purchased them...until last week! So I figured I reintroduce myself with my updated info and location.

I'm planning on a scratch build with the exception of the fuselage. It'll probably be a bit before I actually get started as there is a lot that I need to learn and practice when it comes to sheet metal work (I specialize in Electrical/Environmental Systems) as well as gather materials and tools/equipment.

If yall are ever in the West Georgia area, swing by KCTJ and say hi!

P.s. - On average how long does it take to get a confirmation email about the plans being shipped out, or at least the order being received and prepped? Had the receipt sent to me for payment last Thursday, but haven't received anything else since then.

Austin Ford
    Austin Ford, EAA #1281280
    Bearhawk 4-Place (B) Scratch Build - S/N 1553B
    Carrollton, GA

If you have never scratch built before, I would recommend the quick build kit or purchase packages as you can afford it. The QB kit is beautifully built. You will get plenty of build time, all you want in my opinion. If you do not finish it, you will have a much easier time selling. Just my 2 cents

Comment

I’m currently a first time scratch builder, and I’m loving building the model B right now. I’m learning all kinds of skills and getting to see all the small nuances of construction that I think you can only learn from actually doing the fabrication. I’m in no rush, I already own a plane, but I’m enjoying all the process of building. I’ve looked at other plans for different planes, and I think if you are going to scratch build a plane, this one is a great one. Sure, it’s pretty involved, but the builder info and support is amazing, and the drawings are great!! So yeah, full support from this desert corner of the country!
      John Wiltberger
      Model B - #1544B
      Maricopa, AZ

Comment

I am also a first time scratch builder. I have gone to the sport-air workshops (in Indianapolis not too far from you) and ordered about $400.00 dollars of books and videos from eaa.org, there are multiple builders manuals for the Bearhawk, and 100s of hours of video.

That said Bearhawk is possibly the best option to build because bearhawkaircraft has more flexible options for parts and components if you need the help, things like professional hydroformrd ribs and steel tube kits cut and fish mouthed... all the way to completely welded air frames.

Btw also keep an eye on the “for sale” of this site as well as barnstormers web site, there are lots of deals.

I am planning for 4000 total hrs to build and budget about 250 per year or 5 hr per week. So it will take a few... 2000 for wings, 1500 fuselage, 500 for the rest.

pace yourself add don’t forget to keep flying while you are building.

I once heard that a scratch builder will build the plane three times before satisfied.

If you you want to fly now, get the quick build, or buy a flying Bearhawk. They come up regularly at reasonable (cheaper than building) prices.

good luck
        4-place bravo plans #1445B.
        Build start date, Aug 1, 2017
        Cell- 773 21 QUANT (Bearhawk calls welcome)
        No website yet.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice and words of encouragement! I’m especially excited to get into the plans once I get home from my trip. They’re there waiting on me 😁
          Austin Ford, EAA #1281280
          Bearhawk 4-Place (B) Scratch Build - S/N 1553B
          Carrollton, GA

Comment

Working...
          X